Click here for Blogger tutorials, premade templates, free blog templates and custom blog designs »

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

And then there was one....

That's right folks Ponderosa Academy now has a student body of one.  Of course if you had to have just one she is a pretty good one to have.  Our Carley J has requested that she be able to continue this year at home and return to public school next fall. 
 *I secretly jumped for joy*

I was really only prepared to send KC back, mentally it was all I thought I could handle.  When the younger two heard the news they chimed in with their desires to go to school too.  Ugghhh a mothers heart crumbled in a matter of seconds.  I didn't sleep a wink that night.  I made some calls the next day, made a few appointments and lickity-split just like that the next week the kids were all getting on buses and waving their good-byes for the day.



Carley J and I spend our day in deep conversations about Queen Elizabeth I (her current research project) as we tend to the chickens and other chores.  We both look forward to lunch.  It means we are that much closer to the first round of buses to come our way.

This morning we headed out to the park to fit in some exercise.  I grabbed my camera too, it was a BEAUTIFUL, sunny, fall day.

Our view of Smithfield Station from the park.

With the other kids gone for the day she didn't stand a chance.  Picture after picture, after picture. *Smile*






 She is growing up so fast.  It seems like just yesterday she was two years old.

Now we are home for the day, waiting, talking about Kings and Queens, collecting eggs, studying spelling words, making stew, and waiting for the big yellow bus to bring back the rest of our crew.




0 comments:

Post a Comment