Click here for Blogger tutorials, premade templates, free blog templates and custom blog designs »

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Happy Dinner


If I want to guarantee happy children at the dinner table, I serve.... 



Lovingly referred to as MONSTER PANCAKES at our home. I think other people call them German pancakes.

My kids LOVE this any day of the week.  This is why I need those hens of mine to get busy filling our fridge with eggs!  My family has grown over the years so I now have to double the recipe.  Doing so requires 12 eggs.  That many eggs means we don't eat this dish that often.    I use my 7qt sauteuse  pan to bake it in when I am doubling the recipe.  When I cook like normal people (only using 6 eggs) I use my trusty 9x13 pan.

RECIPE
6 eggs
1cup flour
1 cup milk
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla

2 TBSP Butter

Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees

Place 2 TBSP butter in baking dish and place in oven until pan is hot and butter is melted. 
( I use more butter shhhh.... don't tell my secret)

for the next part you can use a blender, mine broke *sigh* , so I just mix by hand, boring I know.

Mix the flour and milk together, add the eggs, salt, sugar, & vanilla together until well blended.

If you have everything ready before you put the pan in the oven to melt the butter you can do the mixing while the pan gets all buttery hot.

Pour the batter into the HOT pan.
Place pan back into the oven and bake for 20 min. (25-30min if doubling)

When it is done you will have a beauty of bubbly goodness.  We sprinkle ours with powdered sugar, cut into wedges and serve with syrup (might as well live it up right?)

I also make a version with apples and cinnamon talk about scrumptious!!!










0 comments:

Post a Comment