Click here for Blogger tutorials, premade templates, free blog templates and custom blog designs »

Saturday, September 11, 2010

A Little Pick-Me-Up

Sharing is good, at least that is what I keep trying to teach the kids.  This morning however, I am reminded that some types of sharing are not so good.  For instance, germ sharing... yeah, not so good.

I am miserable.  My head is stuffy, my throat is scratchy, and I just wanna stay in bed all day.

I did make it a point to go out this morning and enjoy the animals and this beautiful preview of fall weather.  The sun was shining and the breeze was gently blowing my hair, reminding me how desperately in need I am for a cut and style.  

Rosebud looks like she needs a good combing of the wild mane too.  
 I can just hear the thoughts running through her head... "People, do you not understand the importance of looking your best for photos?"
Sorry Rosebud.  We will make sure your next photo shoot isn't so "candid"
Gypsy looks like she is a tad irritated with the impromptu photo shoot too.  Oh well, even with a messy mop they are both still beautiful in this morning light.
I interrupted Jack's breakfast.  Where are my manners this morning?   I can't help it, my head is stuffy and I am not thinking straight.  I do hope the animals are forgiving.
 I think Tonka is giving me the cold shoulder.  What do you think?

The animals seem to be less than thrilled with my morning invasion with the camera.  For me, it was fun.  I love watching them through the lens and seeing bits and pieces of their personalities come out.  They are all very aware of me and my camera.  

While I was off having fun, pretending to not be sick.  The "boys" were doing this...
We still have round bales to pick up, but the square ones are now nicely tucked away.  

On my way back to the house I stopped by the garden area to see if our late season surprise was getting any bigger.  This year's garden has been full of surprises.
We didn't get one melon all summer long.  Now that we are in September... the vine is full of blooms and this melon just gets bigger and bigger.  We also have bell peppers and jalapeños popping up left and right.  It is a mystery to me but one that made me smile this morning.  Anything that can make me forget for just a minute that I am not feeling well is a good thing.

0 comments:

Post a Comment